Programs | Incentives | Additional Resources
The City is committed to assisting every business to succeed within the community. Business assistance is available though the Litchfield Economic Development Office. The City can provide information on business programs available as well as community information and available resources.
Business Development Programs:
Downtown Façade Program
The City of Litchfield seeks to address the maintenance and rehabilitation needs of building facades in the TIF District by offering Façade Grants to interested, qualified building and business owners. The study area is east of the I-55 interchange and both Historic and Old Route 66. This program is focused on the State Street Corridor, between Corwin to the north and Sargent to the south. The program expands well beyond State Street to both the east and the west. The eastern-most boundary of the program is Van Buren and it spans as far west as the railroad tracks. See TIF District Map regarding redevelopment area boundaries.
The Downtown Façade Program is designed to make a significant impact on the look of the downtown area. Front and Side Facades, Masonry, awnings, signage, lighting, painting and storefronts conforming to the Downtown Design Guidelines are all covered under this program. To learn more about the Downtown Facade Program please contact Tonya Flannery, Economic Development Director at (217)324-8146 or email: email@example.com .
City of Litchfield Façade Grant Area Description
City of Litchfield Façade Grant Program Design Guidelines
City of Litchfield Façade Grant Application/Deadlines
The City of Litchfield competes with our neighboring cities and states for business development, so we offer attractive incentive programs to underscore the importance of our community's location and our regional influence. We currently offer a variety of incentives that can be customized as needed, including Long Term General Assistance, Revolving Loans, Enterprise Zone Property Tax and Sales Tax Abatements, TIF Districts and State of Illinois Incentives.
- Long Term General Assistance: The City of Litchfield offers incentives based on individual project needs. Consideration will be given for project costs such as acquisition, construction, rehabilitation and equipment for projects meeting City terms, job commitments and investment requirements. Requests should be made through the Economic Development Office.
- Revolving Loan: The City of Litchfield can provide a low interest loan for eligible project costs. The loan amount and investment is based on jobs created or retained based on program requirements.
- Enterprise Zone Property Tax Abatement: The City has been granted Enterprise Zone status for industrial and commercial development. We currently offer abatement of real estate taxes on an improvement's increased assessment to the property based on a project cost. The abatement percentage and terms are considered upon investment.
- Enterprise Zone Sales Tax Abatement: Sales Tax exemption is permitted on building materials to be used in an Enterprise Zone. Materials must be permanently affixed to the property and must be purchased from a qualified retail supplier.
- TIF Districts: TIF funds may be used for costs associated with the development or redevelopment of property within the TIF Districts, allowing blighted, declining and underperforming areas to again become viable, and allowing these areas to compete with vacant land at the edge of urban areas.
The eligible uses for TIF funds are provided in Illinois' Tax Allocation Redevelopment Act (65 ILCS 5/11-74.4-1 through 11-74.4-11): the TIF Act.
More information on eligibility and the benefits with the TIF Districts can be obtained through the Economic Development Office.
- State of Illinois Incentives: The State offers other potential benefits available to businesses including employer training incentives, job tax credits, investment tax credits and certain loan programs.